At the beginning of 2022, the law regarding DUI diversion changed. DUIs are no longer eligible for diversion in California. Please contact our office with any questions. Email us at OR Call us at: (415) 886-6333

We Are Open 24/7 And Offer Free In Person And Virtual Consultations.

Call Us 24/7 For a FREE Case Evaluation: (415) 886-6333 Text Us Now: (415) 799-3419

Law Offices of Aaron Bortel

During the COVID-19 shelter in place, our offices are open. You can call us 24/7; there is always someone answering the phone. You can also reach us through our website or email. If you don’t get us directly, you can always leave a message. We are helping all current and potential new clients in answering all questions and doing consultations over the phone or on video. Most of the courts are closed for DUI matters, but we are in constant contact with all the courts in Marin County to see what the new procedures are. We just heard that Marin County is going to be delaying everything another eight weeks. We are following all of the necessary procedures in the other counties as well. If anyone has any questions, please contact us. We are here for you.

Should I Wait Until The Courts Are Back In Session To Hire A DUI Attorney To Represent Me?

Anyone who has been recently arrested for a DUI should contact us right away. There are a number of thins we can do to help hopefully get a better result in your case by getting to work on it right away. Specifically, with the DMV, you have 10 days to contact them and we do that for our clients. We let them know when you were arrested, give them your license number, and set up a hearing. What this does is allow you to keep driving past the 30 day period of the pink temporary license that the police officers gave you. You will keep driving for many months while your case is going on in court and with the DMV. There will be additional continuances, but the key is to be able to keep driving.

The problem right now is people not contacting an attorney right away. After 30 days, their license is suspended and they have to jump through a lot of hoops to get it reinstated. You have to have an interlock installed on your car. A lot of places are currently closed for that. You need to get SR-22 high risk insurance and then you need to go to DMV and pay a reissue fee. You also must show that you are enrolled in DUI School. A lot of those schools are closed right now and not doing intake. However, we do know of at least one doing intakes and we can help you with that. We can help get you driving as soon as possible, if you did not request a hearing or find an attorney to request that hearing within 10 days of your arrest. Contact us right away. We are here for you 24/7.

For more information on COVID-19 Message From Attorney Aaron Bortel, an initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (415) 886-6333 today.

Aaron Bortel

For A Free Case Evaluation
Call Us 24/7: (415) 886-6333
Text Us Now: (415) 799-3419

Translate »
Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U